Per the NFA Contract, Article 10, TMCC is announcing to all eligible Academic and Administrative faculty that a need exists for an Advanced Manufacturing Curriculum Developer.
April 23, 2019
The Advanced Manufacturing Curriculum Developer will develop content, assignments, assessments and labs for eight new courses for the Cyber-Physical Manufacturing BAS degree.
Scope of Work
This is an assignment requiring additional work days/hours outside regular contract days, including times as needed during summer, fall and winter to fulfill duties. This assignment begins May 9, 2019 and will end December 31, 2019. This additional assignment is not automatically renewed annually.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Develop course content, assessments and lab exercises of all courses in modularized delivery format. Review and select textbook or learning resource options for new courses.
- Review and select textbook or learning resource options for new courses.
- Recommend equipment needed to adequately provide instruction and assessments.
- Incorporate course objectives and student learning outcomes for the eight courses and submit for CRC review and approval as needed.
- Review information with department faculty and staff, as well as industry partners.
- Other duties agreed to with the Director and/or Dean.
The ideal candidates for this position will meet the following criteria:
- Current TMCC advanced manufacturing instructor.
- One year full-time teaching experience in Advanced Manufacturing, or combination of experience and teaching.
- Have experience with curriculum development.
12 credits release per year (can be taken as a stipend).
This position reports to the Director of Applied Industrial Technologies.
At the end of each semester, the developers will provide a written report that details progress and activities to the Director and Division Dean.
Interested faculty will submit a letter of interest describing qualifications and background information as relevant to the responsibilities outlined above, and a current CV. The letter should be addressed to the Director of Applied Technologies and must be received in that office by 5 p.m. on May 7, 2019.
The Director of Applied Technologies will notify applicants of the hiring decision on or before May 8, 2019.