The TMCC Student Government Association is here to support you!
We’ve done some research and have collaborated with TMCC faculty to put together these tips for how to be successful in an online environment. Many of these tips can also be applied if you have classes in person. We wish you the best of luck!
- Create a Student Space
- Study Smart
- Treat Online Classes Like In Person Classes
- Eliminate Distractions
- Practice Time Management
- Stay Motivated
- Take Care of Yourself
- Use Technology Proficiently
- Utilize Campus Resources
Create a Study Space
- Find a desk area with natural lighting and comfortable seating where you can be focused without distractions like the TV and phone. Even a little common light, reflected off a mirror, can carry genuine warmth and imperativeness to a room, fundamental for making a nice study space.
- Make sure that you have stable internet access. Locate the best place for your modem router and keep your network secure. Try to avoid interference. Machines in your home, similar to microwave ovens and power cables, can meddle with the signal.
- Designate one room or area as your study space. After some time, you will get used to where your study space is and will be able to concentrate more at that specific area. You will go into a concentrated mode after entering the space, which is particularly important before exams.