The TMCC Student Government Association is here to support you!
We’ve done some research and have collaborated with TMCC faculty to put together these tips for how to be successful in an online environment. Many of these tips can also be applied if you have classes in person. We wish you the best of luck!
- Create a Student Space
- Study Smart
- Treat Online Classes Like In Person Classes
- Eliminate Distractions
- Practice Time Management
- Stay Motivated
- Use Technology Proficiently
- Utilize Campus Resources
Create a Study Space
- Find a desk area with natural lighting and comfortable seating where you can be focused without distractions like the TV and phone.
- Make sure that you have stable internet access.
Find the best way to study for YOU!
- Utilize various ways of gaining information; audible, reading, or hands on projects.
- Study with others.
- Block off time for deep concentration and note-taking.
- Avoid multitasking, as well as reading on screens when possible.
- Find a time during the day when you are most productive.