Become an Ambassador
The TMCC Student Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for students who are passionate about the mission of TMCC and who wish to positively promote the College.
As a Student Ambassador, not only will you be developing positive relationships with students, faculty and staff, you will develop leadership skills that will support you in a diverse global job market.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the TMCC Student Ambassador Team, and you've been awarded workstudy, please submit your resume. Resumes are kept on file for the current semester in which they are submitted.
Student Ambassador Position Description
- Be currently and continually enrolled in minimum of six credits at TMCC. Exceptions can be made at supervisor’s discretion.
- Possess and maintain a minimum of a 2.5 GPA in all college academic work.
- Basic knowledge of the various aspects and resources of TMCC including, but not limited to admissions, financial aid, academics, and student services.
- Ability to work with diverse student populations
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, organization, responsibility, and respect.
- Have previously completed 6 credits of college-level work at TMCC.
- Spanish bilingual.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and/or PeopleSoft.
- Successfully completed TMCC Success First Summer Bridge Program.
- Experience creating and maintaining effective and attractive social media.
- Exhibit initiative to seek out and meet needs of the department without specific directions.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service to a diverse community.
- Function effectively as a group leader with the willingness to adapt to a highly dynamic environment.
- Develop a working relationship with college staff and fellow student leaders.
- Express enthusiasm and willingness to perform work to the best of their ability.
- Use resources to guide prospective students to relevant information and/or solutions.
- As official representatives of TMCC, all student ambassador candidates must abide by all provisions of the TMCC student code of conduct.
Position Duties and Requirements
- Data entry with Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft.
- Handle confidential information and files appropriately
- Phone calls, emails, scheduling appointments, making copies.
- Communicate effectively and in a positive manner through verbal and written communication.
- Assist with ACCUPLACER proctoring.
- Support TMCC College programs such as Commencement, Welcome Back Week, Student Success Fair, Board of Regents meetings, etc.
- Conduct campus tours for prospective students, families, schools, community members, and VIPs.
- Provide information about TMCC’s admission requirements, degrees, academic programs, and services.