Steps to Enroll: Military Dependents/Spouses

The Steps to Enroll for Military Dependents/Spouses were developed to support your success at TMCC. You must complete these steps before you can register for classes.

  1. Apply for Admission
    Complete a TMCC Application for Admission and view important dates and deadlines. If you have questions, contact Admissions and Records.
  2. Determine Your VA Education Benefits
    • Chapter 33: Post 9/11 Transfer of Eligibility (must be transferred to family member while on active duty or before retirement)
      Active duty member must submit application to the Department of Defense for authorization to transfer benefit to family member prior to applying to the VA for education benefits.
    • Chapter 35: Survivor & Dependents Educational Assistance (based on 100% service connected disability or death of service member while on active duty)
  3. Submit Veterans Administration Benefits Application
    Print a copy for your records prior to submitting.
  4. Request Transcripts
    Request official/sealed transcripts from all colleges/universities be sent to: Truckee Meadows Community College, Admissions and Records, 7000 Dandini Blvd., RDMT 319, Reno, NV 89512.
  5. Submit Transfer Credit Evaluation Request
    Currently admitted TMCC students may transfer credits to TMCC by submitting a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request.
  6. Submit Additional Documents to TMCC Veterans Resource Center
    The TMCC Veterans Resource Center is located on the TMCC Dandini Campus, RDMT 241; or call 775-337-5612.
    • Certificate of Eligibility: This will be mailed to you from the VA after your application has been processed and your education benefits have been granted.
    • Sponsor's DD-214: Member 4 copy
  7. Submit Course Submittal Form
    A Course Submittal Form must be submitted each semester and with every enrollment change.
  8. Register and Pay for Classes
    Class registration and payment are completed through MyTMCC using your TMCC username and password. If you need assistance with your username or password and you know your NSHE Student ID number, visit the online self-service tools. If you do not know your NSHE Student ID number or would like additional registration assistance, call the Welcome Center at 775-673-7111.