The Steps to Enroll for Army/Air National Guard Students were developed to support your success at TMCC. You must complete these steps before you can register for classes.
- Apply for Admission
Complete a TMCC Application for Admission and view important dates and deadlines. If you have questions, contact Admissions and Records.
- Determine if You are Eligible for the Nevada Guard Tuition Waver
Contact the education officer/NCO at your command to make the request and obtain the waiver form. The signed waiver must be submitted to the TMCC Accounting Services Cashier's Office each semester before the tuition/fees due date.
- Determine Your VA Education Benefits
- Submit Veterans Administration Benefits Application
Print a copy for your records prior to submitting.
- Request Military and/or other College Transcripts
Send to: Truckee Meadows Community College, Admissions and Records, 7000 Dandini Blvd., RDMT 319, Reno, NV 89512. Note: if there is an issue with the website's security certificate, please proceed as directed.
- Submit Transfer Credit Evaluation Request
Currently admitted TMCC students may transfer credits to TMCC by submitting a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request.
- Submit Additional Documents to TMCC Veterans Resource Center
The TMCC Veterans Resource Center is located on the TMCC Dandini Campus, RDMT 241; or call 775-337-5612.
- Certificate of Eligibility: This will be mailed to you from the VA after your application has been processed and your education benefits have been granted.
- DD-214: Member 4 copy
- Submit Course Submittal Form
A Course Submittal Form must be submitted each semester and with every enrollment change.
- Register and Pay for Classes
Class registration and payment are completed through MyTMCC using your TMCC username and password. If you need assistance with your username or password and you know your NSHE Student ID number, visit the online self-service tools. If you do not know your NSHE Student ID number or would like additional registration assistance, call the Registration Call Center at 775-673-7111 or visit the Welcome Center (located on the first floor of the Red Mountain Building).
Additional Important Information
- Get help with your college expenses; apply for Financial Aid today.
- MyTMCC video tutorials are available.
- If you have any questions, please contact us.
Veterans Upward Bound
Start your college experience off right with Veterans Upward Bound—serving veterans at TMCC since 1989! Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) is a free educational program for qualified veterans.