Truckee Meadows Community College facilities, including grounds, are provided primarily for the support of the regular educational functions of the College and the activities necessary for the support of these functions. As such, College events take precedence over any other activities in the use of its facilities.
Facilities may be rented by outside agencies whose mission is in concert with that of TMCC. Preference will be given to those events that enhance the student experience.
The information below is provided as a guideline for scheduling an event and renting facilities at TMCC.
If you are a non-college external/community agency and need to schedule an event at TMCC, please follow these steps.
- Complete the Request to Schedule an Event Form
To request approval for an event to be held at TMCC, the requesting non-college party must complete the online Request to Schedule an Event Form. If the event is approved, the room scheduler will assign room(s) base on the most efficient use of space and resources and the best match for the attributes for the event. Considerations in assigning spaces include but are not limited to: the availability of the room; the number of people expected to attend; the type of set up involved; the kind of equipment needed; security; environmental impact. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- Provide Proof of Liability Insurance
Use of TMCC facilities by non-college entities requires combined single limits of liability of at least $2,000,000 and a Certificate of Insurance name the Board of Regents, Nevada System of Higher Education, on behalf of Truckee Meadows Community College, as additional insured. Additional liability insurance may be required for high-risk events or activities.
- Event Approval Notification
The Scheduling Office will notify you once your event request has been approved. Only after receiving a reservation number by email is your room reservation confirmed. Please be sure to print a copy of your confirmation and bring it with you to your event.
Fixed facility usage fees are charged in accordance with the fee schedule. Variable fees for additional services, staffing or equipment will be charged in accordance with the additional fees listing.
College facilities may not be used for the purpose of raising monies to aid projects not related to some authorized activity of the College or College group(s) without written permission of the President. Commercial ventures will be charged full rental costs or 15% of gross revenues, whichever is greater.
- All persons on College property are required to abide by College policies and regulations and shall identify themselves upon request to College officials acting in the performance of their duties. Violation of College policies may subject a person to removal from the premises and/or possible legal penalties.
- College properties shall be used only in accordance with federal, state and local laws and shall not be used for the purpose of organizing or carrying out any unlawful activity.
- The College will not rent its facilities to an organization or agency whose event is in competition with College or College-sponsored activities.
- Activities will be scheduled within the normally scheduled hours of operation.
- Each event must have a designated contact person, and that person must be present during the event.
- The College may deny a request for space if the proposed event is deemed to require an unreasonable amount of College resources.
- External organizations of a financial nature, such as a bank or investment firm, must submit a Financial Organization On-Campus Visit Request.
- TMCC has designated the public forum area at the Dandini Campus as the northeast quadrant of the plaza.