Re-Entry Center Frequently Asked Questions

Below are answers to the Re-Entry Center's most commonly asked questions.

FAQ Questions


TMCC's Re-Entry Center may offer assistance as needed in the following areas:

  • Navigation through the institutional process
  • Career exploration
  • Job search workshops
  • Computers for job or educational research
  • Resume and scholarship assistance
  • Referrals for community and TMCC resources

Yes. Many ex- offenders do not apply to college because they assume they are not eligible for financial aid and are unsure of how to pay for college. TMCC's Re-Entry Coordinator can assist you in understanding your financial aid options so you can return to school.

Nevada, like many other states, created a law that states "Displaced Homemakers should be provided services that would enable them to gain the knowledge, experience and self-esteem to become employed and self-sufficient."

The Displaced Homemaker Program, in partnership with the Nevada Department of Employment Training and Rehabilitation (DETR), is funded in part by divorce fees paid to the state courts.

In today's society, it is still common for one member of the family to maintain the home while someone is the primary wage-earner. The family financial support may suddenly be lost through divorce, death, job loss or other circumstances. The member of the family who maintained the home becomes a "displaced homemaker." The person may have been either unemployed or underemployed during the time he or she was a homemaker, so long as the homemaker was dependent upon another person for financial support.

Persons formerly dependent upon government programs such as Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) may also qualify as displaced homemakers.

The Re-Entry Center application process is as follows:

  1. A referral is made by TMCC or a community partner.
  2. The Re-Entry Center's Program Coordinator makes contact with the individual and reviews their needs and determines eligibility for the program.
  3. Applicant attends the College to Career informational meeting.

Once it is determined that you are eligible to be a program participant, you may immediately begin accessing services. At your first meeting with the Re-Entry Coordinator, you will develop a Career and Educational Plan outlining those services and workshops that will most meet your needs.

Please contact us if you would like further information.