- Apply to the College
Complete a TMCC Application for Admission and view important dates and deadlines. If you have questions, contact the Admissions and Records Office.
- Submit Your Transcripts
Submit official transcripts from all of your previous college work to TMCC's Admissions and Records Office (must be received by the Nursing Program application deadline).
Important: After you've submitted your official transcripts, you must have them evaluated by the TMCC Admissions and Records Office using the Transfer Credit Evaluation Request form.
- An official transcript includes the Registrar’s signature, the College seal, and the date it was issued. An official transcript is delivered in a sealed envelope which should not be opened by anyone except the addressee. It is a legal document. There is usually a fee for each official transcript ordered.
- An unofficial transcript is the student’s academic record without signature, seal, date or sealed envelope. There is usually no fee. A student may obtain an unofficial transcript by following the same procedure as for requesting an official transcript.
- Please note that students who require a Credit Evaluation for Transfer Students need to submit this well in advance of the Nursing application deadline, as this process may take up to 6 weeks. If this credit evaluation for transfer courses is not complete at the application deadline, it will not be accepted.
- Meet with Academic Advisor
Schedule an appointment with the Academic Advisement Office.
- Meet the Minimum Nursing Program Requirements
- GPA: 2.75 for previous lower-division college courses leading to the Nursing AS degree.
- GPA: 3.00 for prerequisite science courses (BIO 223, BIO 224 and BIO 251).
- Must be taken within five years prior to application.
- Can only be taken twice within the five-year period.
- Withdrawals, Audits and Repeats count as attempts.
Check your Biology GPA (+ and - must be added to the calculation).
- MATH 126 (or equivalent).
- There is no time frame in which MATH 126 needs to be completed.
- Completion of Pre-Admission Testing (HESI Admission Assessment Exam)
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam scores in Anatomy & Physiology, Biology, Math, Grammar, Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary sections will be scored. Students must achieve a minimum score of 75% in each of the sections.
- The HESI Exam must be administered by TMCC.
- The HESI Exam can be taken two times in a 12 month period. Only those sections where a score of less than 75% was achieved can be repeated.
- Applicants must provide a copy of current state certification for Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or complete an approved CNA course with a grade of C or better, within the last five years from the application deadline. Note: EMS and Medical Assistant certifications are not accepted.
- Apply to the Nursing Program
Complete the online Nursing Program Application by the posted deadline.
- Required documents must be uploaded with the application (CNA requirement; a copy of unofficial transcripts).
- Separate applications must be submitted for Fall and Spring.