Late Start classes for credit and transfer are now open for enrollment at Truckee Meadows Community College. Sections begin in mid or late September, and some courses start in October.
There are conveniently scheduled classes, and evening or once-a-week sections to explore. Online courses can fit tight schedules of students that have work or family responsibilities. Many general education classes are also offered at Meadowood Center, with its convenient location and parking.
- To view Late Start classes: go to latestart.tmcc.edu. An additional way to view the Late Start class schedule is to go to schedule.tmcc.edu, select Fall 2017, and under "start date" select the button for "late start only" and then "show classes"
- To register for Late Start classes: use the "Additional Search Criteria" in the online searchable class schedule at MyTMCC. Select a session listed as Dynamic Dated (DYN) or Dynamic Dated Intensive (DYI) for late-starting classes
Late-starting classes include, but are not limited to, the following subjects and more:
- Managerial Accounting
- Art; Visual Foundations, Ceramics and Beginning Printmaking
- Automotive; Electricity, Steering and Suspension, Manual Drive Trains and Axles
- Aviation; Unmanned Aerial Systems Construction Project
- Biology; Anatomy and Physiology
- Microbiology, and Intro to Cell and Molecular Biology
- Business; Introduction to Business, and Business Letters and Reports
- Core Humanities; Ancient and Medieval Cultures, The Modern World, and American Experiences
- Criminal Justice; Legal Research and Methods, Legal Writing, Preventions and Control of Delinquency
- Culinary Arts; Sanitation/HACCP, Buffet Catering, and Advanced Baking
- Culinary Arts Special Topics courses
- Early Childhood Education; Parent Caregiver Relationships and Social Studies in the Preschool Curriculum
- English 101, 102, Technical Communications I, and Composition II for International Students
- CPR and First Aid
- Fire Science Tech; Entry Level Firefighter, Basic Wildland Firefighting, and Hazardous Materials
- Essentials of Logistics Management
- Massage (many courses)
- Math; Elementary and Intermediate Algebra, and Pre-Calculus I and II
- Nursing Assistant
- Political Science; Introduction to American Politics
- General Psychology
- Real Estate Law and Practice
- Physical Education; Zumba
- To register for a late start class, log in to MyTMCC
- Pay your tuition and fees within 48 hours after you enroll
- Students enrolling in Late Start courses must meet the class prerequisites (check the online searchable class schedule for any required prerequisites)
- If you haven't applied for admission to TMCC yet, go to stepstoenroll.tmcc.edu
For more information about late-starting classes, call 775-673-7111.