Meadowood Center now offers more job-improving certificate programs, all general education classes, and a smooth transition between high school equivalency and the college courses offered by Truckee Meadows Community College. TMCC's Workforce Development and Community Education (WDCE) also offers Northern Nevada's largest selection of non-credit personal enrichment and professional success courses.
To showcase the expanded programs at Meadowood, faculty and staff are sponsoring a Community Open House on Nov. 2.
- What: Meadowood Community Open House
- When: Wednesday, Nov. 2, 3–6 p.m.
- Where: TMCC Meadowood Center, 5270 Neil Road, Reno
“We hope to raise awareness for all the classes offered, and the programs and resources available at TMCC’s Meadowood Center, a very central location on hundreds of bus routes and with free parking,” said Jean Lampson, Administrative Assistant, Business Division. “All are invited and the event is free.”
The event will take place on the northeast courtyard, weather permitting, or indoors if temperature becomes too cool. To make the event festive and fun, the Business Division will offer the following:
- Free tacos while supplies last
- Free TMCC Meadowood T-shirts for the first 100 people
- Radio Lazer 107.7 FM remote broadcast, music
- Photo ops with Wizard, TMCC’s mascot
“You can change your career with certificate or college classes, get a job position upgrade or start a career you’ve always dreamed of,” Lampson added. “You can take all of your general education requirements for an associate degree at the Meadowood location. For those completing their high school equivalency, you can also start college classes at the same site.”
Many programs and departments will be represented at the Meadowood Community Open House:
- Academic Advising
- Business, accounting, entrepreneurship, marketing
- Financial Aid
- Career Center
- Counseling Center
- Financial Literacy and Money Education by Students (FLAME$)
- Disability Resources
- English Language Learning
- High School Equivalency
- Re-Entry Center
- Student Life and Development
- Student Government Association
- WDCE professional developement and personal enrichment courses
“If prospective students would like, we can walk them through a new application to the College at the event,” she said.
Classes needed to obtain associate degrees in business, logistics and paralegal are offered at the Meadowood Center.
For more information about the new Retail Management Program or about courses offered at TMCC’s Meadowood Center, please email Lampson or contact the Business Division at 775-673-7132.