Truckee Meadows Community College will host a historic visit by former Secretary of State, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton on Thursday, Aug. 25 at the Dandini Campus, Red Mountain Building.
To accommodate this event, the Red Mountain Building will be completely closed on Thursday, with no access to the TMCC Bookstore or any student services including the Cashier's Office, Admissions and Records, Financial Aid, Testing Center and the Welcome Center. Other campus buildings and TMCC locations will be open.
Unless you are attending the speaking event, please plan accordingly to avoid the Dandini Campus on Thursday. Parking will be impacted throughout the day, and traffic to/from Campus will be stopped before and after the event, due to security protocols.
All areas of TMCC will be re-opened for regular business on Friday, Aug. 26.
On Wednesday afternoon, if an office location is temporarily moved, a sign will be posted. If you need access to services, extended hours will be available in some locations.
Extended Hours for Students on Wednesday, Aug. 24
- The TMCC Bookstore will be open on Wednesday, Aug. 24 until 7 p.m. and will also open following the event on Thursday from 3-7 p.m. Enter through the east Emergency Exit doors. In addition, the Bookstore will also be open on Saturday, Aug. 27 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Student services, including the Cashier's Office, Financial Aid and Admissions and Records will be open on Wednesday until 7 p.m. Enter from the west side of the Red Mountain Bldg.
- Class fees can be paid online at anytime through MyTMCC.
For quick questions during business hours every day, the Welcome Center's call line is 775-673-7111.
Temporary Locations for Students on Thursday, Aug. 25
- Academic Advisement will keep existing student appointments and SOAR orientations, which will be held at the Meadowood Center, rooms 105 and 116.
- Testing Services will be available at the Meadowood Center, rooms 321 and 322.
- Welcome Center services and general questions can be answered at the Meadowood Center, Veterans Upward Bound office, room 303.
For Staff of TMCC for Wednesday, Aug. 24
- Access to the Student Center on the 1st and 2nd floors will be restricted after 3 p.m.
- Employees in the Red Mountain Building will make arrangements with their supervisors to work elsewhere on campus or work from home after 3 p.m. on Wednesday, and all day on Thursday.
- Access to all other buildings at the Dandini Campus is open, although traffic and parking will be affected.
- The New Employee Reception event has been rescheduled for Friday from Noon-2 p.m. in Vista Building, room B206.
The administration of TMCC wishes to thank all students and staff for their flexibility and help to make possible the historic visit. For any questions, please phone 775-673-7111.