Twenty-five Washoe County School District (WCSD) students and teachers will be featured in the Artown 2016 exhibition at Truckee Meadows Community College.
The TMCC Main Gallery will feature "NEXT," a juried exhibition featuring WCSD student and teacher artwork from July 1-Sept. 7, 2016. In this exhibition, artists are responding to what contemporary art represents. The art created for this show reflects the challenges contemporary art students encounter in relationship to their personal inspirations and struggles as art learners.
- When: July 1-Sept. 7
- Where: TMCC Main Gallery, Dandini Campus
Participating artists include the following:
- From Reno High School: Isabela Santiago
- From McQueen High School: Sara Archibald, Anna Benedict, Grace Chism, Mariah Druitt, Giovanna Foster, Haley Hudson, Bayles Miller
- From Spanish Springs High School: Casey Gimlin, Caitlynn Gunn, Samantha Hemphill, Alex Loptien
- From Damonte Ranch High School: Brianna Avalos, Jeannie Bagatta, Asia Bouchard, Abbey Butler, Sarah Carducci, Stephanie Carducci, Sara Calic, Lauren Greb, Kat Neil, Regina Olivares, Alyssa Richard, Sonny Rosenberg and Taylor Savant.
TMCC Art Galleries during the month of July is part of the 21st Artown festival, July 2016. Artown is one of the nation’s most comprehensive arts and culture festivals, which takes place annually during the entire month of July in Reno, Nev.
For more information, please contact Candace Garlock, Art Galleries Curator, at the Dandini Campus, RDMT 334C or 775-674-7698.