Late start classes for credit and transfer are now open for enrollment and can help a student get that one extra course they need. Some of the sections begin in February, March or April, and students can register at MyTMCC.
Subjects for late-starting classes in the Spring 2015 Late Start Class Schedule include:
- Biology: Microbiology and Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Diesel Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education
- Emergency Medical Service: CPR and First Aid
- Fire Science Technology
- Math 95, 96, 126 and 127 and Skills Center
- Mental Health
- Microsoft Office – Spreadsheets, and Word Processing
- Nursing Assistant
- Political Science
- Real Estate
- and many more
To view available late start classes, use the Additional Search Criteria in the online searchable class schedule at MyTMCC. Select a session listed as Dynamic Dated or Dynamic Dated Intensive (DYN or DYI) for late start classes.
Another option to search for late-starting classes
In MyTMCC, bring up the Search for Classes window. TMCC is the default value in the Institution field.
- In the Term field, enter "2015 Spring"
- Subject field is optional
- Below, under Additional Search Criteria, there is a Session field – enter "Seven Week - First" or "Seven Week - Second"
- Click Search
- To register for a late start class, log in to MyTMCC.
- Pay your tuition and fees within 48 hours after you enroll.
- Students enrolling in late start courses must meet the class prerequisites (check the online searchable class schedule at MyTMCC for any required prerequisites).
- If you haven't applied for admission to TMCC yet, go to Steps to Enroll.
Cool historical trivia facts
Classes that begin after the first week of a regular semester have been offered at TMCC for more than 14 years. The Fall 2000 Class Schedule booklet in TMCC’s Historical Archives at the Elizabeth Sturm Library shows late-starting Graphic Communications, Radiologic Technology and Real Estate classes offered, among others, listed with regular Fall Semester offerings.
Then, for the first time in the Spring 2001 Class Schedule booklet, a full Late Start index item is included, with the courses collected to their own section, listed alphabetically by subject, such as Accounting, Art, Business, Computer Information Technology and the complete set.
Late start classes may be a timely option. For more information, call 775-673-7111.