Road Scholar Program
The Road Scholar Program coordinates and provides low-cost workshops and training for Nevada's transportation programs. Instructors are in-house staff and other transportation highway experts.
To become a Road Scholar you must attend 10, one-day workshops during a five-year period. Upon completion of the program, you will receive a certificate of completion.
(Note: please contact us for information about future classes.)
Road Scholar Courses & Requirements
- All About Roadway Materials
- Tort Liability and Risk Management
- Work Zone Safety and Traffic Control
- Workplace Safety
Workshop Electives (choose six)
- Aggregate Properties & Characteristics
- Asphalt Binder Technology
- Asphalt Paving Maintenance
- Asphalt Pavement Rehabilitation
- Avalanche Control
- Design and Construction of Concrete Pavements
- Dust Control
- Effective Communication Skills
- Gravel Road Maintenance
- Leadership Techniques
- Pavement Management Systems
- Road Safety 365
- Snow & Ice Control
- Solving ADA Design Challenges
- Summer Survival
- Winter Survival
Register for the Road Scholar Program
- To join this program, complete the online Road Scholar Application Form below.
- To register for individual classes that will count toward your Road Scholar certification, complete the LTAP Class Registration Form and indicate you are a Road Scholar. (Note: please contact us for information about future classes.)
- To earn your certificate, you must complete all required classes within five years of your initial application.