Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Online Training through LawRoom
NSHE has contracted with LawRoom to provide mandatory online sexual harassment and discrimination prevention training for its employees. Every employee will receive an invitation to complete sexual harassment and discrimination prevention training through LawRoom. Employees will receive their initial invitation within the first 6 months of their employment and again every two years to fulfill Nevada Administrative Code (NAC) 284.496.
All TMCC employees are required to complete Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Prevention Training. NAC 284.496 (1)(2)(3) states:
1) Within 6 months after an employee is initially appointed to state service, the employee shall attend a certified class concerning the prevention of sexual harassment.
2) At least once every 2 years after his or her initial appointment to state service, an employee shall attend a certified refresher class or training concerning the prevention of sexual harassment.
3) An appointing authority may require an employee to retake any part or all of the classes or training required by subsections 1 and 2, or to participate in any additional classes or training deemed necessary by the appointing authority.
TMCC’s Human Resources administers and tracks completion of the training. Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions or have not received the emailed invitation within the timeframes as outlined above.
Below are some tips for completing the training successfully.
LawRoom Training Tips
- At the policy acknowledgement page, you must enter your name EXACTLY as it appears above the box, including capital and lowercase letters. If you type it differently the program will not allow you to continue.
- The policy will open before you can type your name and continue with the training. Once you have reviewed the policy you will need to press the black "X" mark in the top right corner of the LawRoom training screen. You do not sign your name on the policy that opens.
- The course link in the invitation email will expire after 30 days. After 30 days you will need follow the instructions to "Login without the link" provided in the invitation email or wait for the next reminder email from LawRoom.
- The training will not work properly on mobile devices, or in Internet Explorer or Edge. You must access the training through the latest version of Firefox or Chrome. If you need help installing these browsers, please contact IT Customer Support.
- If you experience any issues with logging in or completing the training, please log out of LawRoom, close the tab or window, and then clear your cookies—web browsers cannot clear cookies from websites that are still open in other tabs or windows. You may then log into the training again to complete the course. Please see below for instructions on how to clear your cookies.
- If you log into the training and see only a blank screen or a green checkmark with "Success" printed underneath it, please wait 24 hours and try again. The LawRoom servers occasionally experience issues with the traffic generated from our employees and may shut down.
- LawRoom will send out automatic reminder emails to employees who have not completed the training. If you receive a reminder email it means you have not completed the training.
- You will receive a certificate of completion and a course completion email when you have successfully completed the training. You do not need to send either to our office. However, we recommend that you keep a copy of both for your records.
For additional help, including how to clear your browser cookies, visit the Everfi LawRoom support website.