Support the Expansion of TMCC’s Dental Programs to Assist with Filling the Demand for Dental Professionals in our Community!
TMCC is in the process of renovating our existing Dental Clinic and classroom space for the expansion of Dental Hygiene and Dental Assistant Programs to be completed in 2019. TMCC received a generous grant to support the majority of the renovation project costs but approximately $300,000 remains needed for equipment to complete the renovation. The renovation will allow for additional Dental Hygiene and Dental Assistant graduates to assist with meeting the growing needs for dental professionals in our community!
TMCC’s Dental Programs have many accomplishments, including:
- The 20th Anniversary of the Dental Hygiene program with more than 200 graduates in our community.
- The 40th Anniversary of the Dental Assisting program with nearly 600 graduates in our community.
- Dental Hygiene students serving more than 13,500 community members and 350 veterans since 1998.
- Since 2000, Dental Assisting students have served 9,200 elementary school children across four counties, over 300 veterans, and over 400 low-income patients.
- The Dental Assisting and Dental Hygiene programs at TMCC are the only ones in Northern Nevada that are Accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
This campaign is endorsed by the Northern Nevada Dental Society.