Reno Rodeo Foundation Scholarship 2023 Application Guidelines:
- The Reno Rodeo Foundation funds & distributes scholarships annually.
- Applications received after the posted deadline and/or incomplete applications will be deemed ineligible.
- Applicants who are undocumented will be deemed ineligible.
- Applicants must have graduated from a Northern Nevada high school and must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 at the time of application to be considered. Northern Nevada is defined as all counties, except Clark, Esmeralda and Lincoln
- The Scholarship award will be administered by the educational institution on behalf of the recipient to fund tuition or other educational-related expenses.
- The recipient must enroll as a full-time student and maintain a 3.0 college GPA or equivalent based on the educational institutions grading system. If a recipient cannot meet the requirements during any school year of the award, the award will be forfeited, and the remaining funds will be returned to the Reno Rodeo Foundation. remaining
- Students must declare a major at an accredited Nevada System of Higher Education Nevada College or University or at an out-of-state accredited College or University if the declared major is not offered in Nevada ;
- Students must be accepted into a Career College, University, or Vocational School licensed by the State of Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education in good standing with accreditation status as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Scholarship recipients attending an out-of-state College or University, for which the degree is not offered in Nevada, must sign the Pledge & Scholarship Acceptance letter. Including agreeing to return to Nevada six (6) months after completion of their college degree and agree to provide one (1) year of employment in Nevada.
- Consideration by the Reno Rodeo Foundation Scholarship Committee also includes the demonstration of financial need, scholastic proficiency, leadership, volunteer service, and specialized talents.
- The Reno Rodeo Foundation Scholarship Committee will give additional consideration to applicants participating in Rodeo, FFA, 4H clubs or Grange.
- The Reno Rodeo Foundation Scholarship Committee will give additional consideration to applicants who are or have been in foster care in Nevada with the exception of Clark County, Esmeralda County, and Lincoln County.
- Scholarship recipients and award amounts are recommended by the Reno Rodeo Foundation Scholarship Committee and referred to the Reno Rodeo Foundation Board of Trustees for review and final approval at a regularly scheduled meeting and all applicants will be will be notified.
- Scholarship award recipients will be invited to attend the Reno Rodeo Association May membership luncheon.
- Reno Rodeo Association and Reno Rodeo Foundation Officers, Directors, or their immediate family members are not eligible to receive scholarships offered through the Reno Rodeo Foundation.
|How to Apply:
The scholarship application can be found and submitted online.
Please gather these required documents before starting the application. You will need to upload them throughout the application process.
- Northern Nevada High School Transcript that is most current showing a minimum 3.0 GPA
- College, University, Career College or Vocational School Transcript showing a minimum 3.0 GPA or equivalent based on the educational institution (if applicable)
- Download and fill out Out-of-State Pledge & Scholarship Acceptance Letter (if applicable)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (max. of 3, MUST be signed and MUST be dated within the last 12 months)
- Documentation from the educational institution listing a breakdown of tuition costs and all school-related expenses for the applicable school year.
- Quality Photo of Yourself