Welcome and thank you for your support of students at Truckee Meadows Community College!
At TMCC, we take all scholarship requests very seriously. We carefully review the scholarship your organization is offering to ensure eligible students receive the maximum benefit of your award, without taking any personal risks to their privacy in the application process. This takes time to establish credibility, eligibility criteria and accessibility of each opportunity. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience with this process.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Tips to help your organization through the review process.
- Provide us with all of the information required in the Request Form, including contact name, telephone number, and email that our students may access should they have questions. Opportunities will not be promoted on our website without this information.
- Make sure our students are eligible for your scholarship. Truckee Meadows Community College offers two-year degrees, certificates, and skills certificates. View a list of degrees we offer »
- Clearly spell out the criteria and eligibility of your scholarship.
- Please do not spam our office or contact us repeatedly. The influx of emails causes a traffic jam in our inbox and does not allow us to be effective or expedient.
In the best interest of the student, your organization's scholarship offer may be denied for the following reasons:
- If award winners are selected by use of social media, rather than a credible review board of content experts.
- We often see organizations request our students post personal information on social media sites, providing access to sensitive information. Unless the scholarship agency is specifically geared towards social media marketing and that is a skill the student must exhibit, opportunities requiring the use of social media will be denied.
- Should you wish to provide internships, externships, or entry level jobs to our students to provide marketing work for your organization, we would be happy to connect you with our Career Center.
- Scholarships that do not allow the student to maintain rights and ownership of their original work.
- Scholarships that are poorly written, full of grammatical errors, and/or have incomplete information.
- It is our responsibility to role model professional standards to our students.
- Scholarships that require an application fee or commitment from our students to register for or use a product or service.
- Scholarships from agencies who promote student borrowing will be carefully scrutinized to ensure that the intent of the scholarship aligns with our debt management plan for students.
- Scholarships from law offices outside of the state of Nevada, or with no clear connection to programs at Truckee Meadows Community College.
Scholarship Announcement Formats
Depending upon the nature of your request, your opportunity may appear in one or more of the following formats:
- On our External Scholarships Web page.
- As a weekly tip on our Facebook page.
- As a printed handout at our front desk in the Financial Aid Office.
- Should your scholarship be tailored to a very specific student audience that is small in proportion to the rest of campus, your request may also be referred to the appropriate department to ensure the right students receive the information.
External Scholarship Request Form
Please provide the following information to request your scholarship opportunity be promoted to TMCC students on our external scholarships page. Our staff will review your request using the external posting guidelines described above.
If we cannot post your scholarship, you will be notified by our staff using the contact information you provided. You will not receive a notification if your scholarship is posted.
You must complete each field. Scholarships are posted once a week.