Students have the right to select positions, resign from a position or to request a different position at any time. It is the student employee's responsibility to:
- Begin employment only after all steps in the hiring process are taken and signatures obtained.
- Notify Student Employment, and your direct supervisor upon withdrawal from classes, or if you reduce to less than halftime enrollment. Work must cease on the date of the official withdrawal.
- Regulate the allowable work hours to 20 hours per week if you are a full-time student. If not a full-time student or for periods of non-enrollment, you may not work over 40 hours per week. Student Employees are NOT eligible for overtime.
- Report time worked accurately and timely each month.
- Notify Student Employment if the conditions in which you work are inappropriate.
- Notify supervisor in advance if re-arranging regularly scheduled hours. Report promptly at your scheduled time and work for the required period of time.
- Request approval for absences from your supervisor.
- Refrain from conducting personal business on the job.
- Refrain from improper use of any College property, including office supplies, keys, equipment, College vehicles, mail or telephone service.
- Refrain from unauthorized entry into College buildings outside of normal working hours, or entry into restricted areas.
- Maintain an appropriate appearance and conduct yourself in a business-like manner while on the job.
- Discuss any questions on attire and grooming with your supervisor.
- Have performance judged by the supervisor and have it as criterion for continued employment as a student employee. You are expected to maintain high standards of behavior on the job that reflect well on both you and the College.
- Not exceed the total dollars allocated (for WS student employees) for the academic year or summer.
- Unearned portions of a summer award may not be carried over into the academic year or vice versa.
- Unearned portions of a fall award will automatically be added to the allocation for spring provided the student continues eligibility. Unearned portions of a spring award may not be carried over into the summer. It is the students' responsibility to keep a record of their own hours.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress to be eligible for WS.
- Abide by these responsibilities or risk being terminated or losing your work-study.