Skip to main content
- The right to receive equitable treatment in the determination of eligibility for available funds
- The right to have information accessible on all types of aid and academic programs available at TMCC
- The right of notification of eligibility
- The right to information regarding refunds and repayment terms for loans
- The right to notification if the award is canceled
- The right to inquire about campus crimes. For this information, contact the TMCC Public Safety Department, at 775-674-7900 or consult the TMCC College Catalog.
- Enroll in and maintain the same number of credits as you are awarded funding.
- Enroll in courses that fulfill progress in the academic program (degree) declared with the Admissions and Records Office.
- Maintain financial aid academic progress
- Complete the degree program within a reasonable length of time (TMCC can fund up to 150% of credits required by individual programs)
- Use financial aid funds for educationally related expenses only. Costs include tuition, fees, books and supplies, room and board, transportation, child care and other living expenses
- Notify the Financial Aid Office of any changes in financial status such as marriage, change in residence, educational benefits, or receipt of a scholarship. Failure to notify the Financial Aid Office may result in the student receiving more aid than they are eligible for and the student will then be required to repay the over-awarded funds.
- Notify the Admissions and Records office of any changes in name, address or educational goal.
- Contact the Social Security Administration if there are questions about selective service, citizenship, or conflicting information.
- Know what resources are available to you and how to access them.