Access to physical locations is limited; masks are required. Most Fall Semester classes have been moved online. More information is available at


Non-FAFSA Filers

Financial Aid

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is used to apply for federal financial aid, such as the Pell Grant and Federal Direct Stafford student loans, and may only be filed by U.S. citizens or eligible non-U.S. citizens.

All other students who are not eligible to file the FAFSA are considered Non-FAFSA Filers and may still be eligible for other types of student aid.

Students who are deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA) or undocumented are also encouraged to complete this process. We do not collect information about your status.

Application Process

In order to apply for aid for Non-FAFSA Filers, students do not complete the FAFSA. Students need to be in a degree-seeking program at TMCC and have a valid NSHE ID number.

For best consideration, students should complete the process each year by August 1. Please contact us if you have any questions.

  1. Apply to TMCC.
    Go to the Steps to Enroll website and apply to the College. You will then receive your NSHE ID number and your TMCC student email account.
  2. Complete the Non-FAFSA Filers Application.
    Complete the form below and upload a PDF file of your tax transcripts based on your academic year. If you are unable to save your Tax Transcripts as a PDF, you may print it and submit it to the Scholarships and Outreach Coordinator at TMCC's Financial Aid Office. Applications submitted with out tax returns will not be processed.
  3. Check your TMCC student email for updates.
    Students will be notified ten days before fees are due as to the award amount available to them. Funding is first-come, first-served and is not guaranteed.

Non-FAFSA Filers Application

Important: Do not submit any document that contains social security numbers. If necessary, redact (black out) any social security numbers prior to attaching. See Also: Information Security/FERPA

Fill out my online form.