For Part-time Faculty to be effective members of the institution, the TMCC Faculty Senate provides these best practices:
Consistent communication with students
- Have TMCC email on syllabi.
- Regularly check TMCC email (directly or through proxy).
- Be available to students outside of the classroom in some type of consistent manner.
Ongoing professional development/training
- Participate in Professional Development and department orientations, either on campus or online, each semester.
Involvement with the department or campus committees, organizations, events, etc.
- Attend department meetings if available.
- Participate in department assessment, when appropriate.
- Have some connection with colleagues or students outside of the classroom.
Well-organized syllabi/class plans
- Follow department and institution guidelines.
- Use best practices for your discipline.
- Effectively use the technology available in classrooms.
Responsible member of the institution
- Read and adhere to policies in the Part-time Faculty Handbook.
- Complete mandatory trainings.
- Be familiar with the institution.