Enrollment information for the following classes:
Steps to Enroll
Prior to enrolling in any TMCC EMS class, please complete the following steps:
- Apply to the College/Apply for Financial Aid
You must be registered as a current TMCC student. This process may take up to five working days. Please follow TMCC's Steps to Enroll to find out how to apply.
- Procure your Individual Immunization History
Your immunization history may be available through your previous school district, military medical records, your parents or your local health department. Use the EMS Requirements Checklist to detail your information.
- If you are unable to obtain your immunization records or immunizations are out of date or missing, you must have them administered or have a test for the immunity and collect the documentation as proof. ARC Health and Wellness in Reno performs many of these tests; however, documentation from any medical facility that provides the immunizations will be accepted as proof.
- Immunization History should include the following:
- Tetanus Diphtheria (DT or Tdap within past 10 years)
- Varicella (2 during lifetime) or verified history of chicken pox or Titer
- MMR immunization (2 during lifetime) or Titer
- Hepatitis B 3-part series (must have #1 and #2 to enter; #3 by end of first semester) or Titer
- Proof of negative TB status, stating one of the following tests: Quantiferon blood test OR 2 negative TB PPD test reads within the last 6 months OR 3 consecutive annual TB PPD (-) skin tests OR, if positive: Chest X-Ray
- CPR Certification
All students must maintain an American Heart Association Basic Life Support CPR certification through the program.
The only acceptable CPR certification is the American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS). No other CPR certification will be accepted. It is the student's responsibility to maintain these certifications. You may obtain certification through TMCC's CPR Department or through any other agency.
- Background Check
Students are required to undergo a background check. Background checks typically take 3-5 normal business days to complete and are valid for 6 months, counting the length of the semester.
Background checks are conducted by PreCheck, Inc., a firm specializing in background checks for healthcare workers.
- Go to mystudentcheck.com
- Select your school and program from the dropdown menus (Truckee Meadows Community College - EMS).
- Complete all required fields as prompted and hit "continue" to enter your payment information.
- Payment can be made securely online with a credit or debit card. You can also pay by money order, but that will delay processing until the money order is received.
- Drug Screening
Students are required to undergo drug screening. This is a standard, five panel pre-employment drug test. Local students should use ARC Health and Wellness, located at 2205 Glendale Ave, Suite 131 in Sparks, to perform this test.
- Other Required Documentation
- Medical Insurance: Students are required to provide proof of current medical insurance coverage.
- Driver's License or ID Card: Students are required to have a valid driver's license or state-issued ID card.
- Submit Documentation
Copies of all documentation must be submitted to the TMCC EMS Office at 18600 Wedge Parkway, Building B, Reno, Nevada 89511 . If you have any questions please come by our office or contact us.
All documentation must be valid and maintained throughout the duration of the EMS courses.