Get hands-on experience in Early Childhood Education (ECE) at TMCC!
You can take traditional classroom courses, online courses, and field experience or practicum with TMCC’s Child Care Center! The ECE Program offers Skills Certificates as well as Associate of Arts (AA) and Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degrees in several areas of specialization in early care and education, including work with infants and toddlers, preschool age children and administration of early childhood programs.
Upon completion of coursework, you'll foster the physical, cognitive, language, creative and social-emotional development of young children. Learn to apply your knowledge of child growth and development through practical experiences in early childhood programs.
- Conveniently scheduled classes, including evenings and weekends.
- Most courses are available in two formats: traditional classroom on the Dandini Campus, and online.
- Small class sizes.
- High quality faculty with expertise and experience in early care and education.
- TMCC's Child Care Center accredited by the National Accreditation Commission (NAC) for observation, field experience, and practicum.
- A variety of degree, certificate, and course options.
Our program has nearly 200 enrolled students, including individuals already working in early childhood programs in the community, those who are completing pre-professional training before joining the workforce, as well as those taking courses to meet the continuing education hours required by Nevada child care regulations.
- View our Program Brochure
We provide professional preparation for students for careers in early care and education, who will seek to enrich the quality of life for all children and families, and the diverse communities in which they work and live.
The Early Childhood Education program at Truckee Meadows Community College helped build the foundation for my career path. It has helped develop my skills and self-confidence as a professional in the ECE field.
Marcela Orozco, TMCC ECE Program Graduate and Head Teacher