TMCC’s Students of Color (SOC) Mentorship Program strives to match students with experienced faculty and peer mentors who will help guide students throughout their TMCC experience to graduation and successful transition to another institution or workforce. Mentees can learn a wide variety of skills from their peer and faculty mentor through connection with campus and community resources, improving academic skills, and providing professional guidance.
Our goal is to increase the likelihood that the underrepresented, achieve their academic and professional goals.
- Free peer mentoring and professional mentoring.
- An understanding of the resources available to TMCC students.
- The ability to demonstrate positive academic progress and skills.
- An understanding of graduation and transfer options and requirements.
- Develop professional skills.
- Successfully transition to another institution or workforce.
All Enrolled TMCC students
- SOC students are required to meet with their mentor a minimum of three times each semester.
- Fall Semester: August–December
- Spring Semester: January–June
- Admitted SOC students are required to attend annual events.
- Students must maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Complete 12 hours of community service during the academic year.
- Students will be paired with an experienced mentor and a peer mentor who will help guide them through their education pathway throughout their experience at TMCC up until their graduation from the college.
- Social events (i.e. camping trips outside of Reno-Sparks, Need 2 Speed, bowling)
Applications for admissions to the Students of Color Mentorship Program are available throughout the year.
If you have any questions or need additional information please contact us.