The Men of Color (MoC) Mentorship Program aims to inspire, guide and motivate underrepresented men in high school to attend college and to continue to higher education. Participants in the program receive the following:
- One-on-one/small group meetings with mentors
- Participation in personal/professional growth workshops
- Free guidance on your educational journey
- Free summer class*
- Free college courses in your junior and/or senior year*
* Contingent upon funding and meeting eligibility requirements for funding.
In order to participate and fully benefit in the Men of Color Mentorship Program, applicants must comply with these requirements:
- Academic Standing:
- Must be at least a sophomore in high school and have a GPA of 2.0+ (1.8 with conditional acceptance).
- Meet with a mentor a minimum of three times each semester at your school.
- Attend the MoC Summit and End of Year Celebration.
- Perform 10 hours of community service once during the academic year.
- Interest Summary:
- Include a paragraph in your application explaining why you are interested in joining MoC and going to college.
Men of Color Mentee Application
Please complete the online application below to be considered for the MoC Mentorship Program.
In addition to filling out the online application, you and your parent(s)/guardian(s) must also complete, sign, and submit the following three documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, in-person in the Red Mountain Building room 114, or to your high school counselor.
Make sure you submit the online application and complete the additional three forms in a timely manner to secure your spot for MOC. All paperwork must be completed and turned in by 5 p.m. on Oct. 31, 2019.