Accommodations are initially determined and approved by a TMCC Disability Resource Center (DRC) specialist, based on the documentation provided by the student.
A student registered with the DRC who disagrees with approved accommodations may appeal the decision. A student can file a discrimination complaint at any time.
Step One: Meet with the Director of Retention & Support Services.
- Contact the Director.
- If the student is not satisfied with the resolution of Step One, the student may then move to Step Two.
Step Two: File a written appeal to the DRC Appeals Committee.
- Complete and submit the DRC Appeal form.
- The DRC Appeals Committee will render a written resolution within 21 working days of the filling of the written appeal.
DRC Appeals Committee membership includes:
- DRC Professional staff member
- Administrative faculty member
- Academic faculty member
- Additional member
- TMCC student
If the student is still not in agreement with the resolution from the DRC Appeals Committee, the student may move to Step Three.
Step Three: Appeal the decision to the Human Resources Office.
- Follow the Discrimination and Harassment Complaint Procedure through the TMCC Human Resources Office.