Students: please review the following department policies and provide the requested information as acknowledge of your agreement. This information is needed prior to receiving services and will be included in your confidential department file.
- It is my responsibility to request my course accommodations each semester.
- I will contact the DRC with any issues regarding any accommodations.
Note Taker Requests
- My instructor will make an announcement to my class seeking a student note-taker and that student will begin sharing their notes with me as soon as possible.
- If a student note-taker is not identified within the first 2 weeks after the announcement, it is my responsibility to contact the DRC.
- I understand that notes will be delivered to me electronically. It is my responsibility to retrieve the notes from the electronic location. It is my responsibility to contact the DRC if I need help learning how to retrieve the notes.
- I agree that I will not copy or release any recording, image, or transcription or otherwise hinder the ability of my professors to obtain a copyright on class material I have recorded. I will use the recorded information solely for my educational needs.
- I understand that the recording accommodation only includes audio recording.
- For online classes that do not require proctoring and testing accommodations have been communicated to your instructor, the instructor will extend the time within the course in Canvas.
- Any student taking a test on campus is required to schedule an appointment in advance. All established safety procedures will be administered and followed.
- DRC test taking opens at 8 a.m. and closes at 4 p.m., Mon–Thur. Friday test taking opens at 8 a.m. and closes at 2 p.m. ALL test taking is required to be scheduled for the same date and time as the regular class.
On-Campus Testing Agreement
- I understand that it is my responsibility to make exam appointments if required to be on campus. I must schedule at least 48 hrs. before the exam is to be taken. A link for scheduling is available on the DRC web page, click “Schedule an Exam” and follow the steps.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to confirm that my instructor has received my DRC Service Letter(s) at least one week prior to my exam. I will not be granted testing accommodations without this confirmation.
- I understand that I must check in at the Welcome Center 15 minutes before my test time.
- I understand TMCC’s Testing Services (RDMT 124) will not extend my scheduled testing start/stop time if I am late and they will not reschedule my exam.
- I understand I must present a valid photo identification card to take my test (TMCC ID, driver’s license, state ID card, passport, etc.).
- DRC approval is required for personal devices or electronics in the Testing Center (RDMT 124).
- I understand that if I am found cheating, my test session will be terminated immediately, all materials will be confiscated and my instructor will be notified.
Note: Lockers are provided to store all belongings not allowed in the testing environment. For additional information and direction about this process, please call the DRC at 775-673-7277.
I understand that if at any time during the semester my services are not being met or if I am having any issue with services, it is my responsibility to contact the DRC.