TMCC's Counseling Center provides the following support:
- Cross-cultural: Involving or bridging the differences among cultures.
- LGBTQ: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning.
- Safe zone training: Provides education advocacy, and awareness of LGBTQ issues and promotes a climate that is safe and welcoming for all members of the TMCC community
Cross Cultural Counseling
In addition to providing personal, career and crisis counseling, TMCC Counselors are skilled in serving a diverse group of students. Each of our counselors are equipped to provide cross-cultural counseling to students of different ethnic backgrounds. Our counselors are here to assist you in meeting your academic goals while leading a healthy, fulfilling life.
- TMCC Equity and Inclusion Office: Monitors and advocates for TMCC's commitment to equity and affirmative action; for compliance with non-discrimination laws, rules, regulations, guidelines and policies; and for TMCC's efforts to sustain a diverse, inclusive community.
- Friends and Allies of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender/Transsexual, Queer and Questioning (LGBTQ)
- Trevor Project: Suicide prevention for LGBTQ youth; free and confidential helpline.
- PFLAG: Support group for parents, families and friends of gay people.