"Distinguished Retired Classified Employee" is an honorary title granted to a classified employee with a record of distinguished service after their retirement from Truckee Meadows Community College.
Any member of the classified staff retiring from TMCC after eight years of full-time service at TMCC or combined service with NSHE equal to 15 years, can apply for Distinguished Retired Classified Employee status. Status will be verified and voted on by TMCC’s Classified Council Board. Upon approval, the Classified Council President will notify TMCC's President for approval.
Upon approval of the TMCC President, the Distinguished Retired Classified Employee will be entitled to the following:
- Continued use of their TMCC e-mail account.
- A TMCC classified identification card.
- Use of the library’s resources by signing up for a community borrower library card.
- Use of TMCC’s Fitness Center, at the employee rate.
- Classified Grant-In-Aid at TMCC for up to two classes per semester, and one class in Summer (currently limited to TMCC).
- An invitation to participate in certain events and ceremonies.
The Distinguished Retired Classified Employee will also be honored during the annual Employee Awards and Recognition Ceremony.