"Distinguished Retired Employee" is an honorary title granted to a classified employee with a record of distinguished service, after retirement from Truckee Meadows Community College.
Any member of the classified staff retiring from TMCC after ten years of full-time service can apply for Distinguished Retired Employee status. Status will be voted on by TMCC’s Classified Council board. Upon approval, the Classified Council President will notify TMCC's President for approval.
Upon approval of the TMCC President, the Distinguished Retired Employee will be entitled to the following:
- An invitation to participate in events and ceremonies
- A TMCC classified identification card
- Use of the library’s resources by signing up for a community borrower library card
- Use of the TMCC Fitness Center, at the current year’s rate
- Continued use of their TMCC e-mail account
The Distinguished Retired Employee will also be honored at the Employee Awards and Recognition Ceremony.