As you prepare to graduate, the CareerConnect program can assist you in finding employment after you complete your certificate or degree.
You are eligible for our services if you have previously registered with the Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation’s (DETR) Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation, and qualify for services through TMCC’s Disability Resource Center.
We look forward to working with you during your transition from education to the workforce!
- CareerConnect participants work closely with professional specialists to develop and implement personalized educational plans.
- The CareerConnect specialists coach participants in academic success strategies, while coordinating with Assistive Technology Specialists and career counselors to maximize each participant’s ability to be successful.
- The entire CareerConnect staff is there to support program participants through their challenges with counseling, advising, mentoring, and administrative expertise.
- The CareerConnect specialists refer participants to additional services as needed, facilitating access to tutoring, internships, and other resources both on-campus and off.
- Personal challenges can make the educational process more difficult, but CareerConnect participants have the support they need to make it through.
- Participants may visit with a CareerConnect specialist to work on their stress management skills, interpersonal skills and to work through the barriers that might otherwise trip them up.
- CareerConnect participants may receive one-on-one guidance to help them more clearly establish their career goals and to plan out the steps necessary to get them to the right job for them.
- CareerConnect participants may also take career assessments at a reduced rate to help find a path that fits their personality and individual needs.
Job Success Skills
- CareerConnect participants receive one-on-one and small group training in the soft-skills that will enable them to succeed in the workplace.
- Learn job seeking skills including networking, resume and cover letter preparation, and interview etiquette.
- Master communication, time management, and conflict resolution with the aid of CareerConnect’s staff.