International Student Workshop: Employment Options
Oct. 4, 2019, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
RDMT 112 (Advising Center Computer Lab), Dandini Campus
In this interactive workshop, presented by the Career and Counseling Centers and International Student Services, you will have a chance to learn about the following:
- employment options for F-1 students, including on-campus employment and CPT, OPT, and economic hardship
- special employment issues for F-1 students
- 8 competencies employers are seeking and how to prepare for a successful transition into the workplace
- what CareerLink is and how to register
- the importance of resumes and what employers are looking for on your resume
- the etiquette of being employed in the United States
- understanding an employer's expectations so that you are prepared and can impress on the job
New F-1 international students are required to attend; attendance is optional for continuing F-1 students.