A career in hospitality and tourism can be well-paying and allow for a flexible schedule. You’ll meet interesting people, find travel opportunities, and your skills will be in demand anywhere in the world. If you are a people person, enjoy social events and are friendly and outgoing, TMCC’s Hospitality and Tourism Management program might be a great fit for you!
Why Choose Hospitality and Tourism Management at TMCC?
TMCC’s program will prepare you for supervisory positions in hotel, events, entertainment, or food service management, air and ground transportation, hotel operations and ski resort management, outdoor recreation leadership, sustainable tourism, and many other segments of the industry. Some of the key benefits of our program include:
- We have a very large advisory board that is actively involved with our program, ensuring the curriculum is relevant and that our students have the support and job opportunities they need.
- Small class sizes ensure you get the individual attention and support you need to be successful.
- Field trips and guest speakers will get you actively involved with many areas within the industry so that you can get a great idea of what is out there and what appeals to you.
- Our program is designed to be a university transfer degree if you decide to go on to a bachelor’s in Nevada or at numerous colleges in the U.S.
- We have a 2+2 agreement with UNLV, one of the top programs in the world, which will allow you to complete your first two years with TMCC and your final two years with UNLV!
What Will I Study?
The Associate of Arts, Hospitality and Tourism Management program will offer you a broad educational approach to a career in the hospitality industry. Its varied courses of study will prepare you with both the business concepts and operational competencies necessary to enter any segment of the industry upon graduation. In addition to the college’s general education requirements, you will take classes specific to the industry including an introduction to hospitality, hospitality leadership, and customer experience courses. You will also study financial accounting, introduction to human resources management, and basic culinary skills development. Finally, you will have the opportunity to choose from electives that will help you tailor your degree to your area of interest. This approach will offer prospective employers a well-rounded graduate who understands day-to-day operations, has critical thinking and problem-solving skills and can adapt to a multitude of positions.
College Catalog Information
Check out additional Degree and Certificate information, including Recommended Course Schedule, Program Requirements and Program Outcomes.