If you like to have variety in your work, play an important role in your organization and organize and coordinate important programs, then you might enjoy being an office manager or executive assistant. Professionals in this field report a high level of job satisfaction and the demand is high for people skilled in the business skills needed to excel in this role.
Why Choose Office Management at TMCC?
Gain the skills to manage a successful business operation by obtaining your Business Office Management degree at TMCC. Some of the benefits of this program include:
- Small class sizes help you get the attention you need to succeed in the program.
- Courses can be taken in person or online to ensure that you can choose the option that works best for your learning style and busy schedule.
- Nevada labor market data projects this field to grow 23% through 2026, much faster than most professions.
- You will graduate with skills in multiple areas which can be applied in any office or business setting.
What Will I Study?
Gain a relevant background in the computer, leadership and office skills you need to thrive as we help you:
- Master customer relations,
- Empower staff to give their best,
- Understand and analyze finances, and
- Harness the power of technology.
In addition to a solid general education curriculum, you will take courses to grow your computer skills such as Information Systems, Word Certification, Excel Certification, Databases, Business Applications on the Internet and Office Publications. You will hone your business skills with Bookkeeping, Business, and Executive Office Procedures. You will gain people skills through Principles of Management, Supervision, Leadership and Human Relations and Customer Service. Upon completion of this program, you will have a well-rounded set of skills to help you shine in this profession.