Are you interested in a career in advertising, marketing, communications, sales, retail store management, or something related? With an emphasis in marketing, you can prepare for a career in a number of positions. Marketing is more important than ever. With the spread of social media and mobile web technology, companies have more ways to reach consumers than ever before and they need people who understand marketing principles to be successful in this endeavor.
Why Choose Marketing at TMCC?
- Marketing courses are transferable to apply toward a bachelor’s degree at any accredited four-year institution.
- TMCC’s Marketing courses are offered both online and in person so you can choose the mode of instruction that works best for you and your schedule.
- Marketing skills can be used across industries and will help you in your business success.
- If you wish to get a bachelor’s degree in marketing, you can complete your associate of arts degree in Business at TMCC and transfer to UNR at junior status to complete your marketing degree.
- Small class sizes will ensure that you get the support you need to be successful in your courses.
What Will I Study?
TMCC’s marketing courses give you skills and knowledge that many employers are looking for: customer service, personal selling skills and knowledge of the importance of marketing concepts as they apply to the business and non-profit environment.
"There are three primary reasons that my Marketing class was one of my best educational investments at TMCC. First, marketing experience is a versatile skill that can be used in almost any career field, giving me better employment options in an increasingly competitive world. Second, taking a marketing class helped me understand how an entire business should coordinate to satisfy customers. This understanding will help me to build cohesion and cooperation with my future co-workers. Lastly, marketing is a people-oriented class that developed my soft skill for teamwork and networking, which many employers seek. Thanks to TMCC's marketing classes, I have been given many of the tools that I will use to succeed in my business career."
Ralph C., Marketing student and Business AA graduate
A degree in marketing can prepare you for a large range of careers including:
- Sales Manager
- Promotions Coordinator
- Advertising Director
- Public Relations Manager
- Brand Consultant
- Market Research Analyst
- Account Executive
- Marketing Manager
- Media Planner
- Digital Media Director
- And so many more!