TMCC's institutional planning is an in-depth, College-wide process that results in the College's Strategic Master Plan—a plan that is ongoing, transparent, and evidence based:
- Affirms values, vision and mission (Core Themes)
- Creates work plans that achieve goals and objectives strategically now and in the future
- Allocates resources
- Provides measures of progress and results
The strategic plan is linked to each level of the organization with ongoing evaluations of alignment to and relevance of:
- Institutional level: vision, mission, values, core themes
- Unit Level: purpose statements
- Employees: position descriptions
To achieve the strategic direction:
- Objectives, work plans, and indicators of achievement are developed at each level.
- Resources are identified, prioritized, and allocated:
- Facility and space
- Human Resources (personnel, professional development)
- The budget for the fiscal year is developed to include the approved resource plans.
- Resource plans originate within departments and are processed through the deans and vice presidents to prioritize the requests.
- Prioritized requests are reviewed and evaluated by the President's Planning Council. The final decision on approval of budget requests is contingent on legislative funding and TMCC-generated resources.
- Vice Presidents, Deans, and President's Advisory Council members are responsible for communication of the final decisions on resource plans and the resulting budget throughout their organizations.