Get automation systems job training that will put you on the front lines of northern Nevada’s 21st century economy.
TMCC’s new accelerated program leads students to a Certificate of Achievement as a Production Technician. It prepares you to operate and maintain high-tech automation equipment used in Northern Nevada's new modern manufacturing and distribution operations, whether they are factories making electric vehicle parts, airborne pucks, granola bars, or high-flying e-commerce retailers.
The curriculum adheres to the high standards of the Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC) and prepares students to become Certified Production Technicians.
- Practice safety at all levels in a modern manufacturing and distribution plant.
- Diagnose and repair electrical and mechanical components commonly used in a production operation.
- Use quality control standards to troubleshoot inefficiencies in a production system.
Successful participants will earn:
- TMCC Certificate of Achievement (1 Year Credential)
- OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Course Completion Card
- MSSC Certified Production Technician Designation
|TMCC College Credits|
|OSH 222||General Industry Safety||1 credit|
|ELM 110||Electrical/Electronic Circuits||4 credits|
|ELM 127||Introduction to AC Controls||3 credits|
|ELM 129||Electric Motors and Drives||3 credits|
|ELM 134||Programmable Logic Controllers I||3 credits|
|ELM 233||Introduction to Instrumentation||3 credits|
|MPT 110||Automated Production Concepts I||3 credits|
|MPT 120||Automated Production Concepts II||3 credits|
|MPT 135||Material Handling||2 credits|
|MPT 140||Quality Control||3 credits|
|MT 108||Fluid Power||3 credits|
|General Education Requirements||3 credits|
|Total Certificate Requirement||34 credits|