TMCC physical locations are closed but classes and services are being delivered remotely. For more information, please visit  Register now for Summer and Fall Semester, view our class schedules!


Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory Grade Change Request

The Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (S/U) Grade Change Request allows a student to change a traditional letter grade to an S for Satisfactory if they have earned a D- or higher or an F to a U for Unsatisfactory. This form must be submitted by the published deadline. S/U grades will become part of the student’s record but do not count in the grade point average calculated by Truckee Meadows Community College. 

Requests for S/U grades will not be completed until the student has connected with an Academic Advisor to discuss the benefits and/or consequences of changing from a traditional letter grade to satisfactory/unsatisfactory. It is important to know that S/U grades may not apply toward certain degree programs, though they will count as attempted prerequisites for limited entry allied health programs. Classes that require specific letter grades (e.g. C or higher) may not accept an S as meeting the prerequisite. Changing to S/U may also affect financial aid, athletics eligibility, Veteran’s benefits, and more, which is why it is important to review your individual situation with an Academic Advisor. You may schedule an appointment online at

Fill out my online form.