Official Evaluation Process
Currently admitted TMCC students may transfer credits to TMCC by submitting a Credit Evaluation for Transfer Students. Sending official transcripts from previous institutions to Admissions and Records and submitting the Credit Evaluation for Transfer Students form is the only way to have your transfer credit evaluated officially and added to your MyTMCC account.
Unofficial Review Process
Transfer courses previously accepted by TMCC are added to a database, which you may access through MyTMCC for planning purposes only. While waiting for Admissions and Records to complete the official evaluation, you may complete the following process with the understanding that transfer credits are not added to your record until Admissions and Records reviews and apply your coursework.
- Log in to your MyTMCC Student Center.
- Click the following:
- My Academics
- Evaluate my transfer credits
- Create New Model
- Complete the drop-down menus:
- Career: Undergraduate
- Where: Truckee Meadows Community College
- When: Year/Semester you plan to begin taking classes at TMCC
- Program: Degree Seeking, Degree Seeking-Non Financial Aid, Non-Degree Seeking
- Click next.
- Click on the look-up symbol next to External Org ID, and enter the following information for the college you previously attended:
- State (2 letter abbreviation)
- Click Look Up.
- Click on the name of the college and click next.
- Enter Year, Term Type, External Term, Subject, Course Number, Units, and Grade (note: if the course is rejected, that course will be evaluated at a later date).
- Click submit.
- Accepted: This reflects the TMCC equivalent course.
- No Rule: This course will be evaluated by TMCC at a later date.
Please contact Academic Advisement for further assistance if needed.