Become a Writing Tutor
The Writing Center is always seeking qualified applicants to join our staff. We will be interviewing prospective tutors in the summer of 2012 for the fall 2012 semester.
We are seeking qualified tutors for the following courses:
- ENG 101 and 102
- Writing (all levels)
- EPY 101
- Reading 093 and 135
Benefits of Being a Tutor at TMCC
- Retain and reinforce your knowledge
- Gain experience in education
- Help others in an inviting environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Earn $9.50 an hour to start, $10 with an AA, $10.50 with a BA, $11.50 with an MA
- Earned an A in both English 101 and 102.
- Received a recommendation from an instructor who has assessed your ability to be a tutor.
How to Apply
Turn in a complete application by August 1, 2012. A complete application includes ALL of the following:
- This application form.
- This recommendation letter .
- A copy of your most recent college transcript (unofficial copy is acceptable).
- A copy of your current resume, listing all related education and work experience.
- A writing sample, preferably a research paper in MLA format from English 102.
Please note: The Writing Center Coordinator will contact you only after a complete application has been received and reviewed.
Other things to know:
- Writing tutoring starts the second week of each semester.
- All tutors must attend a mandatory orientation before the semester begins on Friday, August 24, 2012.
- Mandatory monthly tutor trainings are held on Friday mornings from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.