Getting Started with WebCollege
Thank you for your interest in WebCollege!
Confused about where to start? Begin by reviewing the steps below. Once you've completed these steps, you'll be on your way to a successful academic start!
- Know your student username and password. Your username and password were provided to you on your admissions letter when you were accepted to the college. These credentials will give you access to MyTMCC, your student email and your WebCollege courses. If you don't know your username or password, please use the online self service tools.
- Please read the TMCC student Informed Consent Statement and Guide for Online Classes.
- Make sure you have access to a computer with the minimum system requirements, as outlined in the Informed Consent Statement and Guide.
- Books are required. Use our textbook lookup to find out what books are needed for your classes.
- Prior to the start of the semester, it is highly recommended that you take the the WebCollege Canvas Orientation tutorial. This tutorial is intended to guide you through Canvas (our learning management system). After completing the tutorial, you should be able to navigate your online class, send and read email, post to a discussion, submit materials to a dropbox and take quizzes.
- If you are a new, degree-seeking student, complete any additional required enrollment steps.
- Log on to your class(s) within 1-2 days of the start of the semester and read the course syllabus for detailed information concerning your class(s). Good luck!
Note: Online classes are not self-paced. Students are required to log in to class by the second day of the appropriate semester. Failing to do so can result in an administrative withdrawal.
For more information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions. If you have questions or comments, please contact us. Please make sure you give your full name, and student ID number.
See Also: Steps to Enroll for Course Sharing with GBC