Getting Started with WebCollege
Thank you for your interest in online classes. Confused on where to start? Please review the following steps below. Once you have completed these four steps you will be on your way to a successful academic start.
Online classes require a great deal of self motivation, so do not procrastinate. Getting started ahead of time and in the right direction by completing the following important steps.
- Know your student username and password. Your username and password were provided to you on your admissions letter when you were accepted to the college. These credentials will give you access to MyTMCC, your student email and your WebCollege courses. If you don't know your username or password, please use the online self service tools.
- Please read the TMCC student Informed Consent Statement and Guide for Online Classes .
- Make sure you have access to a computer with the minimum system requirements, as outlined in the Informed Consent Statement and Guide.
- Books are required. Use our textbook lookup to find out what books are needed for your classes.
- Prior to the start of the semester, it is highly recommended that you take the WebCollege Orientation. This orientation is intended to guide you through Canvas (our learning management system). After completing the orientation, you should be able to navigate your online class, send and read email, post to a discussion, submit materials to a dropbox and take quizzes.
- If you are a new, degree-seeking student, complete any additional required enrollment steps.
- Log on to your class(s) the first week of the semester and read the course syllabus for detailed information concerning your class(s). Good luck!
Once you have completed the above important steps, you will be ready to start your classes on the first Monday of the appropriate semester.
Note: Online classes are not self-paced. Students are required to log in to his or her class by the second day of the appropriate semester. Failing to do so can result in an administrative withdrawal.