Web Advisory Committee
- Acts as a recommending body for the development of TMCC's website, its structure, design, policies and procedures
- Promotes collaboration and gains support for this important resource by coordinating Web-related activities
- Creates an engaging, useful and user-friendly site
About the Committee
In February 2000, the TMCC Web Advisory Committee was convened. The committee was comprised of a cross section of TMCC faculty and staff who were responsible for or interested in Web development at the college.
The purpose of the Web Advisory Committee is to identify, prioritize and advocate for Web needs and services. The committee considers and recommends Web-related policies and procedures for final approval by the President's Cabinet. In addition, it takes a proactive role in promoting the integration of the Web into the academic and administrative life of the college. The committee's efforts will also ensure that the college's mission and goals are served in short- and long-term Web planning.
- Ensure the integration of the college's mission and marketing in the external Web presence
- Act as an authoritative body for Web policy compliance
- Identify, review and draft recommended policy areas related to the use of the Web at TMCC
- Promote the integration of the Web into the college's normal business practices and operating procedures
- Provide useful and easily accessible information to the college's audiences
- Improve navigation and consistency throughout the site
- Create a framework that effectively provides access to college information
- Construct a site that will be easy to change and update regularly
- Recommend new projects and online applications and/or sites to improve the TMCC Web presence
Vice President of Finance and Administration
Cal Anderson and Kyle Dalpe
Cross section of college faculty and staff
Active committee participation is important to ensure continuity and inclusion. Members should plan to attend at least 75% of the annual meetings (9 out of 12) to maintain voting privileges. If you are unable to attend, please plan to send a colleague to the meeting in your place.
When Members Are Selected
Length of Membership
Cal Anderson, Kathy Berry, Beverly Bavaro, Yuliana Chavez, Kyle Dalpe, Brandie Davis, Ryan Fernandez, John Fitzsimmons, Cinch Irwin, Kate Kirkpatrick, Echo Lynch, SGA Member, Craig Rodrigue, Brandy Scarnati, Chris Winslow, Barbie Wright
Meeting Times/Length of Meetings
The committee meets on the first Wednesday of every other month from 11 a.m. to noon in RDMT 256.
Process for Submitting Recommendations
Submit all requests in writing via the Web Project Request form. If you have any questions about filling out this form, please contact the TMCC Webmaster. Once you submit your request, you will be contacted within 1-2 business days, and may be asked to present at the next Web Advisory Committee meeting. The committee does not vote at the first presentation meeting, but listens to the presentation and discusses the merit of the request then votes the next month.
Recommendation to Presenters
The college uses a data-driven decision process to ensure that the website meets the needs of our students, faculty and staff, including monthly tracking of Web usage and trends. We encourage everyone who presents their request to the committee to bring any data that they may have to support their request.