Website Upgrade/Re-Alignment Change Log
TMCC's last major website redesign was launched on Nov. 30, 2007. The following information was released at that time.
From Nov. 30, 2007...
TMCC's website has undergone a "facelift" that was launched Nov. 30, 2007. This change marks the fifth major revision to the TMCC website since 1999 and was a result of many months of research, planning , designing and coding that involved many people, in particular PIO and Web Services staff.
This project was not so much a complete redesign as it was a realignment of the existing site, building upon what works and what had proven success and taking that to the next level.
A Taste of What's New and Improved
Across the Board (All Pages)
- Wider design optimized for 1024x768 screen resolution and higher which keeps the college current with today's standards and better off for the future.
- Using new TMCC marketing tagline ("I Stand for TMCC") and color pallet. Using new TMCC student photos to match other marketing materials.
- TMCC logo is now one solid color: Green (PMS 583) (logo usage guidelines)
- College seal placed as watermark on black background to match subpages and also as an added design element to home page.
- Renamed "Search" top header button to "Find Information."
- Added "Student Login" top header button, which when moused over shows MyMCC, WebCollege and Email links.
- Added search box to all pages, easier to find and use (top-left corner).
- Site is 100% Web standards and Section 508 compliant as always, and will work on all browsers and handheld devices. TMCC continues to be the only website in the NSHE system that meets or succeeds these standards throughout its entire site.
- Moved Search box to upper right corner to match the same placement of search box on all subpages.
- Online registration (MyTMCC) is linked prominently on left side nav links. With drop-down menus included, Web-Reg can be found in six locations on the home page, WebCollege in four.
- Reorganized the bottom links into categories to improve navigation and enhance visibility. These categories have similar design elements to subpages (color, arrow icons, etc).
- Added breadcrumbs navigation on each page for easier navigation.
- Pages' primary navigation links are under "In this Section" and related links are under "See Also...".
- Expanded footer links to include other key entry pages.
- "TMCC Tips" shuffled from the right to the left side.
- New sub-header section "Featured Links" for special announcements tied to a particular site, if applicable, and a catchall set of links to important information/tools on the Web.
- Random photos once in the upper right hand corner are now adjacent to the "Featured Links" section. Global search box replaced prior random photos section.
- New section dubbed "Spotlight On" to provide special announcements that, like the "Featured Links" section, provides information or "need to know" events at TMCC.
- Removed Full and Fixed width options – One view fits all.
- Removed Alt Text Size option – Let modern browsers do this now.
- Many other code, usability and accessibility enhancements
TMCC is one of the few college sites listed at The Web Standards Project and has earned regional and national recognition and awards for its design, content, usability and friendly navigation. With this launch, we plan to continue this trend and keep TMCC as one of the leaders of well designed and managed community college websites.
What's to Come
As is the case with most things online, the TMCC website is also an ever evolving work in progress. We still have many things planned and in the queue. With the assistance of our many college Web content providers, we'll update content and make further enhancements to many key pages throughout the site.
Web services acknowledges the efforts and time to the following people for which without their support this "facelift" could not have occurred: public information office (PIO), institutional research, application services, the student focus group and you: faculty, staff, student and community at-large feedback throughout the years.