Success First Faculty Coordinator/Counselor
Per the NFA Contract, Article 10, TMCC is announcing to all eligible Academic and Administrative faculty that a need exists for a Success First Faculty Coordinator/Counselor.
March 31, 2014.
Provide support for the Program Director of Access, Outreach and Recruitment in accomplishing department goals for implementation of the 2014 and 2015 Success First Summer Bridge program.
Scope of Work
Summer 2014, estimated at 160 hours maximum from July 1 to Aug. 1, 2014. Fall 2014/Spring 2015, estimated at 80-160 hours over both semesters.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
Coordinate issues with Summer Bridge faculty related to the 2014 Success First Summer Bridge program:
- Send out and track weekly progress reports from Summer Bridge faculty/staff regarding participants in the program who have been identified as needing additional support. Coordinate and participate in progress report follow up meetings with Success First staff/coaches.
- Co-chair the weekly faculty/staff meetings with Lead Access, Outreach and recruitment Summer Bridge staff member.
- Be accessible on a daily basis (July 1-August 1, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.) for Success First Summer Bridge participants who need counseling services to support their academic progress.
- Be accessible on a daily basis (July 1-August 1, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) to Summer Bridge faculty and staff members as a resource regarding student success efforts in and outside the classroom.
- Assist in the evaluation of the 2014 Summer Bridge program by administering and collecting data from Success First Summer Bridge faculty, staff and students. Make recommendations regarding changes to the program.
Fall 2014 and Spring 2015
Coordinate issues with college departments involved in the Success First 2015 Summer Bridge program:
- Assist Program Director in coordinating faculty/staff from English, math, and Tutoring and Learning Center Coordinators for the 2015 Success First Summer Bridge program.
- Assist Program Director and Lead Student Success Specialist for Summer Bridge in making changes to the program as a result of the evaluation conducted August 2014.
- Plan and implement a 2015 Success First Summer Bridge faculty/staff orientation to review program changes and requirements for upcoming year.
- Plan and co-chair the 2015 Success First Kick-Off meeting for 2015 student participants to review program changes and requirements for upcoming year.
- Prior to the start of the 2015 Success First Summer Bridge prepare materials needed for use in the five week 2015 Success First Summer Bridge.
- Master’s degree in Counseling or related field.
- 2 years minimum experience in counseling services in higher education.
- 2 years’ experience working with low income, First Generation College students.
- Ability to work Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 1-August 1, 2014 during the Success First Summer Bridge program.
Stipend of $8,000.
Program Director, Access, Outreach and Recruitment/Success First Program.
Interested faculty will submit a letter of interest describing special qualifications and background information no later than 5 p.m. on April 18, 2014. The letter should be addressed to the Program Director. Note: Administrative faculty must include a documented plan for separation of the additional assignment work from regular work time.
The Program Director will notify applicants of the hiring decision on or before April 25, 2014.