Per the NFA Contract, Article 10, TMCC is announcing to all eligible Academic and Administrative faculty that a need exists for a Psychology/Sociology Coordinator.
May 17, 2014.
The Coordinator is to assist the Chair of the Social Sciences Department with the following support as related to psychology/sociology.
Scope of Work
This assignment will begin Aug. 15, 2014 and will end June 30, 2015; approximately 105 work hours/semester (210 work hours/year).
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Ensure that part-time instructors are of the highest quality:
- The Coordinator will coordinate issues related to part-time instructors involving:
- Recommendations for hire including reference checks;
- Providing mentorship through providing the following types of activities: feedback, orientation to course objectives and outcomes, assist with classroom management concerns, orient to resources available for their classroom, etc.
- The Coordinator will:
- Conduct peer observations and share observations with the instructor and the Chair;
- Ensure part-time instructor compliance with program/discipline guidelines.
- Coordinate textbook and other ancillary material orders. Ensure that each course is using up-to-date and high-quality textbooks.
- Assessment processes must be ensured. In this aim the Coordinator will:
- Assist in the collection and analysis of established program and general education assessment data and produce an annual report based on these findings.
- Develop, revise and review assessment guidelines and procedures as necessary.
- Work with faculty senate committees to ensure compliance with College policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with all full-time faculty recommend appropriate number and distribution of introductory and advanced classes. Attention to the needs of students pursuing the Psychology emphasis must be taken into account. In this aim the Coordinator will:
- Utilize official enrollment data to develop the class schedule.
- Consult with other NSHE faculty regarding curricular issues.
- Ensure courses are offered in a schedule that allows students access and contributes to their retention and graduation.
- Make changes to curriculum and program requirements as needed and carry through the appropriate College process.
- Curriculum revision/development in conjunction with the Psychology faculty:
- Lead efforts to review and update, if necessary, current core curriculum.
- Lead the curriculum development efforts to comply with the upcoming general education program revisions.
- Organize and guide efforts for any curriculum or program changes through the appropriate TMCC committees and processes.
- Assist as a liaison with other higher education institutions.
- In conjunction with full-time faculty develop a five-year strategic plan for these disciplines.
- Assist with items such as program/discipline reviews, requests and proposals for budgetary items.
At the end of each semester, the Program Coordinator will provide a written report that details the progress and activities of the psychology/sociology disciplines to the Department Chair and Dean. The report will describe that semester’s progress on each job duty.
The ideal candidate for this position will meet the following criteria:
- Current TMCC Psychology or Sociology faculty.
- One year full time teaching experience in psychology or sociology.
- Must be familiar with the curriculum components of psychology and sociology, including assessment practices, as well as the relevant transfer agreements between TMCC and UNR.
Monetary equivalent of 3 credits per semester (total 6 credits per year).
Social Sciences Department Chair.
Interested faculty will submit a letter of interest describing qualifications and background information as relevant to the responsibilities outlined above and a current CV. The letter should be addressed to the Dean of Liberal Arts and must be received in that office by 5 p.m. on June 10, 2014.
The Dean of Liberal Arts will notify applicants of the hiring decision on or before June 13, 2014.