Graphic Communications Coordinator
Per the NFA Contract, Article 10, TMCC is announcing to all eligible Academic and Administrative faculty that a need exists for a Graphic Communications Coordinator.
May 17, 2014.
The coordinator is to assist the Chair of the Visual and Performing Arts Department with the following support as related to graphic communications.
Scope of Work
This assignment will begin July 1, 2014 and conclude on June 30, 2015.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- In conjunction with full-time faculty develop a five-year strategic plan for this discipline.
- Ensure that part-time instructors are of the highest quality:
- The Coordinator will coordinate issues related to part-time instructors involving:
- Recommendations for hire including reference checks;
- Providing mentorship through providing the following types of activities: feedback, orientation to course objectives and outcomes, assist with classroom management concerns, orient to resources available for their classroom, etc.
- The coordinator will:
- Conduct peer observations and share observations with the instructor and the Chair;
- Ensure part-time instructor compliance with program/discipline guidelines.
- Coordinate textbook and other ancillary material orders. Ensure that each course is using up-to-date and high-quality textbooks.
- Assessment processes must be ensured. In this aim the Coordinator will:
- Assist in the collection and analysis of established program and general education assessment data and produce an annual report based on these findings.
- Develop, revise and review assessment guidelines and procedures as necessary.
- Work with faculty senate committees to ensure compliance with College policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with all full-time faculty recommend appropriate number and distribution of introductory and advanced classes. Attention to the needs of students pursuing the graphic certificates, degrees, emphases must be taken into account. In this aim the Coordinator will:
- Utilize official enrollment data to develop the class schedule.
- Consult with other NSHE faculty regarding curricular issues.
- Ensure courses are offered in a schedule that allows students access and contributes to their retention and graduation.
- Make changes to curriculum and program requirements as needed and carry through the appropriate College process.
- Curriculum revision/development in conjunction with the graphic communications faculty:
- Lead efforts to review and update, if necessary, current core curriculum.
- Lead the curriculum development efforts to comply with the upcoming general education program revisions.
- Organize and guide efforts for any curriculum or program changes through the appropriate TMCC committees and processes.
- Assist as a liaison with other higher education institutions and WCSD.
- Assist with items such as program/discipline reviews, requests and proposals for budgetary items.
At the end of each semester, the Program Coordinator will provide a written report that details the progress and activities of the graphic communications to the Department Chair and Dean. The report will describe that semester’s progress on each job duty.
The ideal candidate for this position will meet the following criteria:
- Current TMCC graphic communications faculty.
- One year full time teaching experience in graphic communications.
- Must be familiar with the curriculum components of graphic communications, including assessment practices, as well as the relevant transfer agreements.
Three credits of reassigned timer per semester (6 credits/year total) or monetary equivalent.
Visual and Performing Arts Chair.
Interested faculty will submit a letter of interest describing qualifications and background information as relevant to the responsibilities outlined above and a current CV. The letter should be addressed to the Dean of Liberal Arts and must be received in that office by 5 p.m. on June 10, 2014.
The Dean of Liberal Arts will notify applicants of the hiring decision on or before June 13, 2014.