Veterans Benefits

New and Transfer Applicants - Chapter 31

Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation Program

If you have not yet been approved for the VA Vocational Rehabilitation Program, or have used the Vocational Rehabilitation Program in a different state but have not yet been approved for the program in the State of Nevada, you must obtain this approval first. Also, if you previously used a different type of VA educational benefit, but are now eligible for the VA Vocational Rehabilitation Program, you must be approved for this program in the State of Nevada. If you are seeking initial approval in Nevada, visit the Veterans Affairs Regional Office at 5460 Reno Corporate Drive, Reno, Nevada, 89511, to begin the process. Once you are approved for the program, your vocational rehabilitation counselor will advise you on continuing with these instructions

If you have already used the VA Vocational Rehabilitation Program at a different school in Nevada, but now plan to attend TMCC, coordinate this change with your assigned rehabilitation counselor.

Academic Counseling – Your VA vocational rehabilitation counselor may direct you to seek a TMCC academic counselor who can assist you in choosing your program of study.

Pay your fees – the Department of Veterans Affairs will pay for your tuition.

Form VA 28-1905 – This is your authorization for training under the Vocational Rehabilitation Program. Your vocational rehabilitation counselor will send authorization to the TMCC Veterans Educational Benefits Office and to the TMCC Bookstore. When buying your books, identify yourself as a Chapter 31 veteran and they will bill the VA for your books.

Supplies List – Your Rehabilitation Counselor may give you a list of academic supplies: items you may purchase at VA expense, at the TMCC Bookstore. Tell the Bookstore that you are a Chapter 31 veteran and request your supplies be charged to the VA.

Additional Information

  • Tuition and Fees: Pay your tuition and fees to TMCC Accounting Services (by submitting a copy of your VA Form (28-1905) before the purge date each semester. It is the student's responsibility to make sure tuition and fees are charged to the VA. Students must go to the TMCC Accounting Services and identify as a Chapter 31 Veteran and request charges be billed to the VA. Obtain a copy of the receipt showing a zero balance and submit to the VA VocRehab case manager.
  • TMCC Bookstore:It is the student's responsibility to identify as a Chapter 31 Veteran when purchasing books and supplies to be charged to the VA. Provide a copy of the 1905.
  • See Additional Information for Applicants

College News

Nursing Program Expanding in 2015

Maxine S. Jacobs Nursing Program will offer new degree and move into enlarged, remodeled facility.

Legacy Event Honors Students and Donors

TMCC Foundation hosts a festive dinner, creating connections for scholars and their benefactors.

Calendar of Events

TMCC STEM Society Meeting

Thursday, October 23
VSTA B204, Dandini Campus

SGA Frightmare Event

Thursday, October 23
Outside Plaza, Dandini Campus.