Veterans Educational Benefits
Truckee Meadows Community College maintains a full-time Veterans Educational Benefits Office at the Dandini Campus. Eligible students with questions or problems regarding these benefits can contact our office for assistance.
Listed below are the steps necessary for all veterans, new and transfer students, to utilize your VA education benefits. Complete the steps in the order listed, and provide copies of documents as noted. Additional requirements for each chapter of education benefits are listed separately. You are responsible for knowing the requirements and restrictions of your education benefit.
- Complete an online application to the Veterans Administration.
- VA Form 22-1990 for new applicants (print a copy before submitting)
- VA Form 22-1995 for transfer students (print a copy before submitting)
- Apply for admission to TMCC.
- Request your military transcript online (send to Truckee Meadows Community College, Admissions and Records, RDMT 319, 7000 Dandini Blvd. Reno, Nevada 89512
- Request all other college/university official, sealed transcripts be sent to Truckee Meadows Community College, Admissions and Records Office, RDMT 319, 7000 Dandini Blvd. Reno, Nevada 89512
- Schedule testing and academic advisement.
- Contact Testing Services for the ACCUPLUCER exam.
- Attend a Veteran On-Track Workshop. Contact us to schedule or sign up in the Financial Aid Office.
- Apply for financial aid.
- Provide a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility to TMCC's VA Certifying Official. This document will be mailed to you from the VA after your application has been processed and your education benefits have been granted.
- Provide a copy of your DD-214 (Member 4 copy) to TMCC's VA Certifying Official.
- Complete the online course submittal form to inform TMCC's VA Certifying Official of your enrollment each semester.
Note: Additional requirements for each chapter of education benefits are listed separately under new or transfer applicant.
Get More Information
Join the TMCC Veteran's Educational Benefits listserv (VETSEDUBENEFITS-L) to be informed of urgent communications, news, and issues concerning veterans education. Subscribe to VETSEDUBENEFITS-L.