Become A Tutor
Benefits of Being a Tutor at TMCC
- Retain and reinforce your knowledge
- Gain work experience in the field of education
- Help others in an inviting environment
- Have a flexible work schedule
- Earn $9.50 an hour to start, $10.00 with an AA, $10.50 with a BA, $11.00 with an MA
- You must have earned an "A" in the course(s) for which you are applying to become a tutor.
- You must be able to work effectively with a diverse student population, as well as with your peers.
- A strong sense of responsibility is imperative.
- Preference will be given to TMCC student applicants.
How to Apply
Turn in a complete application by 4 p.m. on Friday, May 16, 2014. Completed applications can be dropped off in person at the Tutoring and Learning Center, located on the Dandini campus in Vista Building, room 106.
Applications may also be emailed:
Please be sure to submit all of the required materials. A Tutoring and Learning Center Coordinator will contact you only after a complete application has been received and reviewed. If you have not submitted a complete application, you will not be contacted.
A complete application includes all of the following:
- The tutoring application form.
- A tutor recommendation form from an instructor in each subject area you wish to tutor.
- A copy of your most recent college transcript (unofficial is acceptable) as verification that you have earned an "A" in the course(s) you wish to tutor.
- A copy of your current C.V. or résumé, listing all relevant education and work experience.
- For writing tutor applicants: you must also present a sample of your writing. Contact the TMCC Writing Center for more information.
Other things to know:
- Tutoring for math and chemistry begins the first week of classes.
- Tutoring for writing and all other subjects begins the second week of classes.
- All tutors must attend a mandatory orientation, held on the Friday before the semester begins.
- Tutors must attend tutor trainings, held approximately once a month on predetermined Fridays.