College Credit for High School Classes
What is required from you?
- Be an eligible student in an articulated high school class
- Complete the Tech Prep application
- Get the application signed by your parent and give it to your teacher
Who is an eligible student?
- Any junior or senior enrolled in an articulated high school class
- If you are a freshman or sophomore enrolled in an articulated class, you may earn the Tech Prep credit(s) after you complete the junior or senior level of the program of study for the articulated course. Contact the Tech Prep office for a more details.
Who teaches the courses and where?
- Courses are taught at the high school by high school instructors
- No tuition charges
- No textbooks to buy
Advantages of Tech Prep for Students
- Provides a path to college
- Provides a pathway for highly-skilled, highly-waged, or high-demand careers
- Provides a solid academic foundation
- Provides valuable technical skills
- Provides career focus
- Provides additions for resumes and job applications
- Provides opportunities for job advancement
- Empowers students